Tips for Your Exotic Pet Turtle
By: Alfred Gomez
Each year millions of family pets are lost, and end up at shelters that have no idea who these pets belong to, or how to contact the owners to return the pets. But, something as simple as a pet tag that you only have to register for once, because the contact information can be updated free for the life of the pet, can almost erase this problem and reunite many pets with their families.
Care Tips for Your Exotic Pet Turtle:
You should be a responsible pet owner if you intend on having exotic pets. You should personally consider your lifestyle in finding the perfect exotic pet. You should be committed as a owner in providing the needs of your exotic pet in order to survive. What are exotic pets like?
There are exotic pets that may need special treatment. You may find exotic pets that may be required to eat large amounts of meat and could be a threat to your kids when they are fully-grown. Large exotic pets can be really challenging to care for compared to a parrot or a turtle which are easier to grow and breed. If you consider owning a turtle, here are some tips on how you can properly take care of your turtle.
1. Turtles need the right temperature in order to live. You should maintain a 77 to 96 degrees F temperature on the aquarium. You may install an aquarium heater to provide the needed temperature for your turtle. Turtles tend to become sluggish and lose their appetite when the temperature is low.
2. You should keep your aquarium clean. Prevent the aquarium from becoming too soiled. In this way, you will keep your turtle away from health problems. You may use a filtration system to maintain clear and clean water.
Many people are in search of the perfect pet. Whether you are single, newly married, married with four children, or about to retire, there are some things to consider when you begin looking to include a pet into your family. When you think of having a pet, you most likely think you have to choose between having a dog or a cat, but in reality there are countless animals that can become ideal pets.
3. Supply your turtle with sufficient food such as algae, crustaceans, mouse pups, and small fishes. You may also provide food sources like fruits and green vegetables that are best for terrapins.
4. You may feed turtles two to three times a week. You may use a small holding container that will separate the left over from the normal enclosure of the aquarium.
5. You should always clean the whole aquarium and its filtration system at least twice a month. Remove the dirt from the ponds where in most of the time serves as the resting place of your turtle.
6. Allot 75 percent of water in the aquarium for swimming and the remaining space for your turtle’s basking. Basking is essential for turtles because it prevents shell dryness.
7. You may schedule a regular check up with your community veterinarian who specializes in turtles and other reptiles.
Being an exotic pet owner requires a lot of responsibility. You should always assess yourself if you can really provide care for an exotic pet. You should plan very well so that you can prepare properly once you have decided to own exotic. Some pets are stolen. A pet thief may snatch Fifi or Fido in hopes of getting a reward for its return, or to use in dog fights (even small or gentle dogs are susceptible – they can be used as “bait”), or for use in cult rituals.
Article Source: www.articlecube.com